1. Right click on the blank area of Windows Vista desktop. Go to 'Personalize'.
2. Click on 'Desktop Backgrounds'.
Click the picture (see below) you want for your desktop background. If the picture you want to use is not in the list of desktop background pictures, click the picture location down arrow to view other categories. You can also select solid colors from picture location list.
3. If you want to use your own digital picture, click 'Browse' to search for the picture on your computer. When you find the picture you want, double-click it. It will become your desktop background and appear in the list of desktop backgrounds.
4. You can also select "How should the picture be positioned?" - 'Fit to screen', 'Tile', 'Center', "Maintain aspect ratio" and "Crop to fit screen"
1. Click the "Start" button at the bottom left corner of your screen. Select "Control Panel."2. Select "Appearance and Personalization" in the control panel and then click "Personalization."
3. Click "Desktop Background" from the list of functions displayed as available for personalization.
4. Choose the color or image you want to use as your wallpaper from the selections provided by Windows XP or click "Browse" to search your directory for an image of your own. Double-click your choice to load it into the list of available backgrounds and to display it as wallpaper.
5. Use the option "How should the picture be positioned" to direct your selected image either to the center of the screen or to fit the entire screen. Click "OK" to confirm your choice.
6. Select a color to frame a centered image by accessing the "How should the picture be positioned" option. Click "Change Background Color" and select the color you want. Click "OK" to display the color.
Link to this page for everyone's benefit if you found it useful
© IT Buddy 2018